Yes, the title of my blog is a bit strange. Why you may ask did I title my blog this. Well I have often thoght about that chicken standing in the middle of the road and I had to swerve out of its way. I always seem to be encountering 'chickens' in the road of my life. Just when I am riding life's highway some big challenge comes and blocks my way in life. Sometimes I have to sit there and wait until it passes and be patient, and other times I manage to swerve around it and figure out how to deal with the block quickly. And then there are times that my rebellious side slams on the gas and drives right through it, haha
So see the full 'chicken in the road story' visit the post about it
http://theresachickenintheroad.blogspot.com/2010/09/theres-chicken-in-road.html

Saturday, September 11, 2010

There's a chicken in the road!

Many of you are probably wondering about the name of my blog. Here is my story.

A couple years ago, I was driving home from the grocery store in my old Dodge Durango. I was in a hurry, because I had to drop off my groceries and get to another one of the many demands of my life (probably Little Leage Football!) My teenage son sat next to me and my younger daughter  the back seat. I turned off the highway onto the street near my subdivision. The road curved sharply so I couldn't see what was around the corner. As I headed around the corner obeying all the trafic laws (always five to ten miles over the speed limit!) there standing right smack dab in the middle of the road...yes, a chicken in the road.  Did I mention that I don't handle frightening situations well? Have I mentioned that I don't handle stressful situations calmly and rationally? Hmmm. I started screaming in my high pitched voice "There's a chicken in the road!!!" at the same time my foot is going through the floor board slamming on my brakes. I could'nt run that chicken over, no matter how dumb it was. That was something my Dad would have done (and did!) not me. My kids started laughing uncontrollably at me and to this day, my son will yell out randomly "There's a chicken in the road!" I am often the recipient of the family jokes.

OK, So why name my blog this? Well, I have thought often about that chicken and how I seem to always be encountering "chickens" in my road of life. Just when I'm riding life's highway, I am caught off unaware, of some big challenge blocking my way in life. Sometimes I have to sit there and be patient and wait until it passes. Other times, I figure out a way to drive around the challenge quickly and all will be well again And then there are the times that my stubborn and rebellious side of me just slam on the gas and drive right through it! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers